- The Communications Assistant will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day project, clerical and administrative tasks.
- Additional responsibilities will include planning meetings, scheduling appointments, reviewing documents, preparing agendas, taking meeting meetings, conduct research and provide project management support.
- The Communications Assistant will be required to create databases and spreadsheets as well as help prepare reports and presentations.
- They will be expected to help produce high-quality communications materials, help organize press events, contribute to online communications, development of presentations and documents, media monitoring and a variety of communications management tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of communications plans and public sensitization campaigns
- Track press coverage for priority issues
- Track clips and interviews to help gauge success of press events and initiatives
- Provide general support and coordination including managing deliverables, the media calendars, etc.
- Aid in production of publications, presentations and reports
- Respond to other matters as needed and assigned.
- Assist in planning and organizing high quality/high profile press and Federal Government related events
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts, e-newsletters, infographics, social media content (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and other communication materials
- Work with programme members to provide communications support
Skills and Qualifications
- The job requires a highly efficient professional with excellent business writing and editing skills who is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment as well as high proficiency in Microsoft Office. The Communications Assistant should be very organized, detail-oriented, motivated and proactive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations and/or Communication Studies.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong business writing and editing skills
- Candidates must be a versatile team player with the ability to work under pressure and be creative. The position requires a dependable self-starter and ability to multi-task. It is critical that the candidate imbibes high standards in work quality.
- Strong skills in developing Power Point presentations.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes, cover letters and a 500 word short writing sample on the topic “Why is Strategic Communications Important for Government Programme Implementation” to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Jobs By Specialization
- Accounting / Audit / Tax (30)
- Administration & Office Support (16)
- Agriculture/Farming (3)
- Analyst (2)
- Automobile (0)
- Banking / Finance / Insurance (7)
- Building Design/Architecture (2)
- Construction (2)
- Consulting/Business Strategy & Planning (5)
- Creatives(Arts, Design, Fashion) (2)
- Customer Service (9)
- Data Management (0)
- Digital Marketing/Social Media/Blogging (3)
- Education/Teaching/Training (1)
- Engineering (32)
- Executive / Top Management (4)
- Geographic Information Systems (3)
- Healthcare / Pharmaceutical (6)
- Hospitality / Leisure / Travels (0)
- Human Resources (7)
- Information Technology (26)
- Legal (2)
- Logistics / Transportation (4)
- Management Sciences (0)
- Manufacturing / Production (2)
- Marine (0)
- Marketing / Advertising / Communications (25)
- Media (4)
- Medical Sciences (0)
- NGO/Community Services & Dev (0)
- Oil&Gas / Mining / Energy (3)
- Operations (8)
- Operations And Maintenance (5)
- Project / Programme Management (11)
- Public policy (1)
- QA&QC / HSE (3)
- Real Estate / Property (1)
- Research (1)
- Sales/Business Development (38)
- Sciences (0)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain / Procurement (3)
- Survey (1)
- Technical (8)
- Telecommunications (1)
- Vocational Trade and Services (0)
Jobs by Location
- Lagos (160)
- Nigeria (31)
- Abuja (16)
- Kano (12)
- Rivers (8)
- Oyo (7)
- Ekiti (4)
- Borno (3)
- Ogun (2)
- Anambra (2)
- Cross River (2)
- Kwara (1)
- Osun (1)
- Akwa Ibom (1)
- Enugu (1)
- Imo (1)
- Adamawa (1)
- Sokoto (1)
- Edo (0)
- Ondo (0)
- Delta (0)
- Kaduna (0)
- Abia (0)
- Bauchi (0)
- Bayelsa (0)
- Benue (0)
- Ebonyi (0)
- Gombe (0)
- Jigawa (0)
- Kastina (0)
- Kebbi (0)
- Nasarawa (0)
- Plateau (0)
- Taraba (0)
- Yobe (0)
- Zamfara (0)
We are the number one and most reliable indigenous job board and recruitment website with Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Jobs in Nigeria, career tips in Nigeria and employment in Nigeria. We connect top talents with top companies and recruiters...read more