Job Vacancy For Finance Manager, Logistics and Operations at Jumia
- As Finance Manager, Logistics and Operations, you will be responsible for providing financial advice and support to the Company in order to make sound business decisions.
- Establish and monitor appropriate accounting practices to ensure all inventory activities are captured correctly in Inventory Management system and interface accurately into the accounting system
- Establish inventory reconciliation procedures to ensure accuracy of all balances
- Ensure accurate Inventory ageing and analysis and appropriate provisions are kept in the books for slow and obsolete stock
- Ensure accurate book keeping for all initiatives regarding stock in transit and returns to Vendors
Financial Planning and Budget Management:
- Prepare the annual operating and strategic plan for the business unit (includes working capital and cashflow projections) to the right quality and to time.
- Prepare unit budgets and consolidate for the business unit and ensure consistency of numbers in line with the Service Level Agreements with each venture.
- Deploy best in class cost accounting tools to ensure clarity of cost bases and provide clarity on Cost optimization opportunities, and revenue generating schemes.
- Ensure accuracy in invoicing
- Ensure all unit heads are held to account to operate in line with the budget. Full variance analysis and corrective action plans are provided on a periodic basis (e.g. monthly)
- Financial analysis as will be required from time to time too aid management decision making.
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of accounting records and transactions in the Financial accounting systems and in line with IFRS.
- Expedite all audit assignments and ensure that recommendations are implemented to time and risks identified are mitigated.
- Adequacy of reconciliation with 3rd Party Logistics providers and completeness and accuracy of transactions embarked on with them.
- Fixed Asset and CAPEX Management:
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the fixed asset register in line with IFRS.
- Ensure the adequacy of controls over the additions and disposals of assets and physical verification.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements of accruals and analysis of expense and revenue heads.
- Ensure proper filing of source documents and records relating to the operations of the business unit.
- Prepare Monthly Business Review reports fully reconciled to the SLA and the Financial accounting systems.
- Ensure internal control processes are working optimally.
- Provide leadership to finance team members and financial support to unit heads within the Business Unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are building ventures from scratch, learning and solving problems along the way
- Self-starter who will take initiative to effect positive change
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and professionalism at all times
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Proficiency in the use of ERP systems
- Strong drive and ability to implement change in fast moving organizations
- Willingness to make decisions as necessary and appropriate in accordance with company policies.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking and Finance, Economics from a reputable University or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ in supervisory role with Cost accounting and management experience
- Relevant financial accounting and management experience in supply chain operations
- Adequate knowledge of the Ecommerce Industry
- Master’s Degree in similar role above is an advantage
- Certification from any recognized professional body (ACCA, ACA, ICAN, CFA) is compulsory
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the “LOGIN AS CANDIDATE ” button below to apply or CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Jobs By Specialization
- Accounting / Audit / Tax (30)
- Administration & Office Support (16)
- Agriculture/Farming (3)
- Analyst (2)
- Automobile (0)
- Banking / Finance / Insurance (7)
- Building Design/Architecture (2)
- Construction (2)
- Consulting/Business Strategy & Planning (5)
- Creatives(Arts, Design, Fashion) (2)
- Customer Service (9)
- Data Management (0)
- Digital Marketing/Social Media/Blogging (3)
- Education/Teaching/Training (1)
- Engineering (32)
- Executive / Top Management (4)
- Geographic Information Systems (3)
- Healthcare / Pharmaceutical (6)
- Hospitality / Leisure / Travels (0)
- Human Resources (7)
- Information Technology (26)
- Legal (2)
- Logistics / Transportation (4)
- Management Sciences (0)
- Manufacturing / Production (2)
- Marine (0)
- Marketing / Advertising / Communications (25)
- Media (4)
- Medical Sciences (0)
- NGO/Community Services & Dev (0)
- Oil&Gas / Mining / Energy (3)
- Operations (8)
- Operations And Maintenance (5)
- Project / Programme Management (11)
- Public policy (1)
- QA&QC / HSE (3)
- Real Estate / Property (1)
- Research (1)
- Sales/Business Development (38)
- Sciences (0)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain / Procurement (3)
- Survey (1)
- Technical (8)
- Telecommunications (1)
- Vocational Trade and Services (0)
Jobs by Location
- Lagos (160)
- Nigeria (31)
- Abuja (16)
- Kano (12)
- Rivers (8)
- Oyo (7)
- Ekiti (4)
- Borno (3)
- Ogun (2)
- Anambra (2)
- Cross River (2)
- Kwara (1)
- Osun (1)
- Akwa Ibom (1)
- Enugu (1)
- Imo (1)
- Adamawa (1)
- Sokoto (1)
- Edo (0)
- Ondo (0)
- Delta (0)
- Kaduna (0)
- Abia (0)
- Bauchi (0)
- Bayelsa (0)
- Benue (0)
- Ebonyi (0)
- Gombe (0)
- Jigawa (0)
- Kastina (0)
- Kebbi (0)
- Nasarawa (0)
- Plateau (0)
- Taraba (0)
- Yobe (0)
- Zamfara (0)
We are the number one and most reliable indigenous job board and recruitment website with Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Jobs in Nigeria, career tips in Nigeria and employment in Nigeria. We connect top talents with top companies and recruiters...read more