Job Vacancy For NSMC Coordinator at MTN
- To lead a shift of Network Management Center (NMC) Engineers in ensuring that MTN Network faults are actioned to company requirements.
- To ensure that the company policies and procedures are adhered to during the shift. Assist in the development of an automated and effective environment for the performance of NMC duties.
- Ensure value is created by optimising business projects/activities
- Coordinate NMC shift to effectively, monitor the allocated network nodes, and promptly react to all network-related faults.
- Auction all alarms/trouble tickets and ensure adherence to procedures.
- Escalate/ Follow up on, trouble tickets and other outstanding faults to Radio Engineers, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers (M & E), Switch Engineers, High Level Support Engineers (HLS), Data Control Group Engineers (DCG), Transmission Support Engineers (TX), LANWAN Support Engineers, Value Added Services Engineers (VAS) and NMC Manager on duty for timely resolution.
- Provide on-the-job training/guidance to subordinates and ensure strict compliance to escalation procedures.
- Monitor network for overall efficiency and trouble spots using NMC tools like Optima and Facts as well as perform first-line maintenance of network resources.
- Submit reports on network failures and staff performance, as required.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Act as interface to Customer Service and assist with subscriber problems
- Provide ideas and feedback to stakeholders on software tools, procedures and improvements to NMC processes.
- Assist direct subordinates in the diagnosis and repair of difficult network problems
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Fluent in English
- A first degree in Electrical Electronics/Telecommunications or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Ericsson switches.
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Ericsson and Huawei Switching operations and Maintenance.
- Ericsson and Huawei BSS Operations and Maintenance
- Ericsson VAS and HLR Operations and Maintenance
- eTOM Framework
- ITIL Manager
- Telecoms Project Management
- Project Management Professional
- Advanced leadership programmes
- People Management
- Best practices in network management
- BEng, BTech, HND or BA
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Jobs By Specialization
- Accounting / Audit / Tax (30)
- Administration & Office Support (16)
- Agriculture/Farming (3)
- Analyst (2)
- Automobile (0)
- Banking / Finance / Insurance (7)
- Building Design/Architecture (2)
- Construction (2)
- Consulting/Business Strategy & Planning (5)
- Creatives(Arts, Design, Fashion) (2)
- Customer Service (9)
- Data Management (0)
- Digital Marketing/Social Media/Blogging (3)
- Education/Teaching/Training (1)
- Engineering (32)
- Executive / Top Management (4)
- Geographic Information Systems (3)
- Healthcare / Pharmaceutical (6)
- Hospitality / Leisure / Travels (0)
- Human Resources (7)
- Information Technology (26)
- Legal (2)
- Logistics / Transportation (4)
- Management Sciences (0)
- Manufacturing / Production (2)
- Marine (0)
- Marketing / Advertising / Communications (25)
- Media (4)
- Medical Sciences (0)
- NGO/Community Services & Dev (0)
- Oil&Gas / Mining / Energy (3)
- Operations (8)
- Operations And Maintenance (5)
- Project / Programme Management (11)
- Public policy (1)
- QA&QC / HSE (3)
- Real Estate / Property (1)
- Research (1)
- Sales/Business Development (38)
- Sciences (0)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain / Procurement (3)
- Survey (1)
- Technical (8)
- Telecommunications (1)
- Vocational Trade and Services (0)
Jobs by Location
- Lagos (160)
- Nigeria (31)
- Abuja (16)
- Kano (12)
- Rivers (8)
- Oyo (7)
- Ekiti (4)
- Borno (3)
- Ogun (2)
- Anambra (2)
- Cross River (2)
- Kwara (1)
- Osun (1)
- Akwa Ibom (1)
- Enugu (1)
- Imo (1)
- Adamawa (1)
- Sokoto (1)
- Edo (0)
- Ondo (0)
- Delta (0)
- Kaduna (0)
- Abia (0)
- Bauchi (0)
- Bayelsa (0)
- Benue (0)
- Ebonyi (0)
- Gombe (0)
- Jigawa (0)
- Kastina (0)
- Kebbi (0)
- Nasarawa (0)
- Plateau (0)
- Taraba (0)
- Yobe (0)
- Zamfara (0)
We are the number one and most reliable indigenous job board and recruitment website with Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Jobs in Nigeria, career tips in Nigeria and employment in Nigeria. We connect top talents with top companies and recruiters...read more