Job Vacancy For Senior Authorised Electrical Person (SAEP) and Assessor at JAGAL
Purpose / Role
- Manage and monitor daily and periodic services provided by the electrical team and Electrical contractors to ensure activities are perform safely and meet specification and electrical standard code. Work closely within MV/LV sections to ensure a high degree of service and uninterrupted power supply.
- Oversee the selection, induction, performance appraisal, development and training of electrical team/staff to ensure an overall increase in knowledge, experience, responsibility and individual accountability for work.
Key aims and objectives:
- Provide electrical design, technical analysis and / or resolution of electrical problems.
- Provide direction and coordination of electrical designs for small & medium size industrial projects.
- Take responsibility and make decisions to see the job completion within time demands.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; working in a safe and effective manner.
- Respond to all equipment breakdowns in a timely manner based on WO priority system.
- Develop, motivate and train the electrical team to achieve high level of performance.
- Ensure projects and all assigned duties are executed in accordance company safety policy, on time and within budget.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and monitor daily and periodic services provided by the electrical team and Electrical contractors to ensure activities meet specification and electrical standard code.
- Manage, monitor and provide electrical support and guidance on daily and periodic Electrical services provided by the Electrical team and the specialized contractors.
- Ensure necessary work permit are issued before work is carried out on High voltage and Low voltage network.
- Ensuring ongoing equipment (systems) reliability through preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, troubleshooting, analysis and equipment upgrades.
- Maintain Work Order tracking lists, update and distribute necessary works to team members, oversee works for quality and collate job completion certificates.
- Ensure steady and uninterrupted power supply to Nigerdock project and work site.
- Prepare and develop electrical training program for the electrical team.
- Ensuring electrical equipment and plants (systems) reliability through preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, troubleshooting, analysis and equipment upgrades.
- Performs preventive maintenance and troubleshooting electrical equipment, welding, CNC machine, heating equipment, Pipe profiling machine, overhead cranes, mobile cranes, cherry pickers, and container handlers, including programmable logic controller(PLC) machine systems, bending machine, sub arc welding machine, metal blasting machine and beam cutting machine.
- Maintenance of key performance indicators to monitor and improve the effectiveness of the electrical team.
- Interpret computer diagnostics of electrical/electronic control systems.
- Develop a culture of best practice and innovation through internal and external industry bench marking.
- Carry out any other duties as required to meet business needs
Key internal interfaces:
- HSEQ Team
- Facilities Team
- Fabrication & Construction Team
- Shipyard- Team
- Supply Chain Team
- Technical College or B.Sc, certified in electrical-electronics or its equivalents.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Willing to work overtimes, on shift arrangement, holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willing to support company’s alcohol & drug-free work environment, which will include random alcohol and drug screening.
- Hands on experience.
- Complex Problem Solving; identify complex problems and reviewing related information’s to develop
- Computer familiarly and capable of adapting to new computer programs.
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethics with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record.
- Minimum four year of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather.
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces.
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Jobs By Specialization
- Accounting / Audit / Tax (30)
- Administration & Office Support (16)
- Agriculture/Farming (3)
- Analyst (2)
- Automobile (0)
- Banking / Finance / Insurance (7)
- Building Design/Architecture (2)
- Construction (2)
- Consulting/Business Strategy & Planning (5)
- Creatives(Arts, Design, Fashion) (2)
- Customer Service (9)
- Data Management (0)
- Digital Marketing/Social Media/Blogging (3)
- Education/Teaching/Training (1)
- Engineering (32)
- Executive / Top Management (4)
- Geographic Information Systems (3)
- Healthcare / Pharmaceutical (6)
- Hospitality / Leisure / Travels (0)
- Human Resources (7)
- Information Technology (26)
- Legal (2)
- Logistics / Transportation (4)
- Management Sciences (0)
- Manufacturing / Production (2)
- Marine (0)
- Marketing / Advertising / Communications (25)
- Media (4)
- Medical Sciences (0)
- NGO/Community Services & Dev (0)
- Oil&Gas / Mining / Energy (3)
- Operations (8)
- Operations And Maintenance (5)
- Project / Programme Management (11)
- Public policy (1)
- QA&QC / HSE (3)
- Real Estate / Property (1)
- Research (1)
- Sales/Business Development (38)
- Sciences (0)
- Security (6)
- Supply Chain / Procurement (3)
- Survey (1)
- Technical (8)
- Telecommunications (1)
- Vocational Trade and Services (0)
Jobs by Location
- Lagos (160)
- Nigeria (31)
- Abuja (16)
- Kano (12)
- Rivers (8)
- Oyo (7)
- Ekiti (4)
- Borno (3)
- Ogun (2)
- Anambra (2)
- Cross River (2)
- Kwara (1)
- Osun (1)
- Akwa Ibom (1)
- Enugu (1)
- Imo (1)
- Adamawa (1)
- Sokoto (1)
- Edo (0)
- Ondo (0)
- Delta (0)
- Kaduna (0)
- Abia (0)
- Bauchi (0)
- Bayelsa (0)
- Benue (0)
- Ebonyi (0)
- Gombe (0)
- Jigawa (0)
- Kastina (0)
- Kebbi (0)
- Nasarawa (0)
- Plateau (0)
- Taraba (0)
- Yobe (0)
- Zamfara (0)
We are the number one and most reliable indigenous job board and recruitment website with Job Vacancies In Nigeria, Jobs in Nigeria, career tips in Nigeria and employment in Nigeria. We connect top talents with top companies and recruiters...read more